Wednesday, March 27, 2019
As a Lifeguard and swim instructor, you will diligently monitor the activities in the pool areas to prevent accidents and provide a safe environment to members while exceeding customer service expectations.
- Supervise and maintain a safe, enjoyable environment for all swimmers
- Respond as required to any aquatic emergency situations.
- Teach all swimming program levels to participants
- Provide customer service by maintaining public relations and professional interaction with members and external contractors
- Maintain filtration system and water chemistry of the pool by conducting chemical tests of the pool several times per day, working with the external contractor for chemicals (limited exposure).
- Maintain water quality by vacuuming and back-washing the pool, cleaning the scum line and monitoring the maintenance and supply of recreational supplies.
- Follow cleaning and rotation schedule daily.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and manage daily assigned work
- Handle cash and check-in services
- Participate in pre-season training during May 2019.
- Attend all mandatory staff training throughout the summer of 2019.
- Assist in implementation of special events, such as swim meets, theme days, rentals, etc. as required.
- Conduct swim breaks and enforce pool/club policies
- Complete all necessary administrative documentation thoroughly.
- Ensure that all aquatic qualifications remain current and on file.
- Perform various other duties as assigned
- 16 years of age and older
- Current Lifesaving Society Swim, Lifesaving and Emergency First Aid Instructor
- Current National Lifeguard
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR-C and AED
- Proof of current awards must be provided (Lifesaving Society Member ID)
What we are looking for:
Please review the qualifications for this position:
Communication and Interpersonal skills
- You apply your experience working with children, youth and families in a lifeguard & instructor capacity
- You use customer service, interpersonal and verbal skills to assist members and work collaboratively within a team environment
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- You must have valid and current lifeguard certification (Lifesaving Society Canada), Standard First Aid and CPR
- You apply your knowledge and experience of performing lifeguard and swim instructor duties to teach water safety to children and youth
- You apply your attention to detail to ensure the safety of members.
- You work independently or as part of a team; you plan, organize and prioritize multiple priorities to meet competing deadlines
- You apply your discretion and sensitivity skills when working with confidential information
Please Note: Full time hours of work are not guaranteed, hours are dependent on sufficient program registration. Hours may be affected due mechanical shut downs and inclement weather at outdoor pools.
Interested candidates please submit your resume, cover letter and a list of all relevant qualifications (Lifesaving Society Member ID) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 12, 2019. Interviews to be completed by January 31, 2019.
- This position is considered seasonal employment and as such, applicants are required to be available for the full season. As the season is so short, it is not possible to offer any vacation time.
- Part-time hours through May and June with a regular schedule commencing Saturday June 29, 2019 through to Monday September 2, 2019 (dates may vary).
- Mandatory Training will be set during the week of May, 2019.
- Spring hours average 8-15 hours per week. Summer hours average 30 hours per week.
- Shift work, including days, evenings and weekends.
- Photocopies of all awards will be required at the interview stage.
- Employment offer is conditional upon receipt of a Criminal Records Search, Vulnerable Sector Screening that is acceptable to Fairfields Swimming Club.
We are Located at:
1773 Christopher Road