Wednesday, March 27, 2019
As the Aquatic Coordinator, you are responsible for assisting the Director of Staffing with administrative responsibilities including planning, program organization, payroll and promotion of the aquatic program. Further assistance in the staff management area includes training, on deck supervision and scheduling. This position is a combination of administrative responsibilities and direct program delivery. This individual will be required to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends.
- Assists with the planning, organization, implementation, promotion and direction of a wide variety of aquatic programs and special events.
- Assists with the smooth operation of aquatic programs on a daily basis, including duties as lesson supervisor.
- Assists in the delivery and organization of staff training requirements for new and current staff.
- Assists with preparing and maintaining staff schedules.
- Provides a communication link between aquatic staff and the Director, Staffing
- Assists the staff with all aspects of customer service.
- Acts as the building supervisor when required assisting all departments as needed.
- Prepares and submits payroll forms under the direction of the Director, Staffing.
- Performs the duties of lifeguard and instructor.
- Maintains an inventory of swimming awards and purchases supplies as required.
- Maintains current records of aquatic staff awards and certifications.
- Assists with the maintenance of a variety of written, statistical and financial records.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of Fairfields Swimming Club
- Respond as required to any aquatic emergency situations.
- Teach all swimming program levels to participants
- Teach and complete all examinations for the Bronze level classes and First Aid courses.
- Recertify the staff as needed.
- Provide customer service by maintaining public relations and professional interaction with members and external contractors
- Maintain filtration system and water chemistry of the pool by conducting chemical tests of the pool several times per day, working with the external contractor for chemicals.
- Maintain water quality by vacuuming and back-washing the pool, cleaning the scum line and monitoring the maintenance and supply of recreational supplies.
- Follow cleaning and rotation schedule daily.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and manage daily assigned work
- Handle cash and check-in services
- Assist in implementation of special events, such as swim meets, theme days, rentals, etc. as required.
- Conduct swim breaks and enforce pool/club policies
- Complete all necessary administrative documentation thoroughly.
- Ensure that all aquatic qualifications remain current and on file.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- 18 years of age and older
- Aquatic Supervisor
- Current Standard First Aid Instructor & Examiner
- Current Bronze Cross Examiner
- Current Advanced Instructor
- Current National Lifeguard
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR "C" and AED
- Current Swim, Lifesaving & First Aid Instructor
- Proof of current awards must be provided.
- Other relevant experience could include specialized aquatic certifications in the areas of competitive swimming, synchro, water polo or water exercise.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Knowledge of aquatics programming requirements coupled with skill in the areas of fitness, social and other leisure activities
- Proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word) and spreadsheets (MS Excel).
- Knowledge of methods used in assessing the recreation program needs of the community, fundamentals of leadership and recruiting, training and supervising staff members.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, work under pressure with general supervision within a relatively unstructured environment while meeting scheduled deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships
- Ability to work a variety of shifts to meet operational demands
Interested candidates are invited to apply by filling out the application form online. Once that is complete, please submit your resume, cover letter and a list of all relevant qualifications (Lifesaving Society Member ID) via e-mail to email@example.com by January 12, 2019. Interviews to be completed by January 31,2019
We are located at:
1773 Christopher Road
- This position is considered seasonal employment and as such, applicants are required to be available for the full season. As the season is so short, it is not possible to offer any vacation time.
- Part-time hours for April through June with a regular schedule commencing Saturday June 29, 2019 through to Monday September 2, 2019 (dates may vary).
- Mandatory Training will be set during the week of May , 2019.
- Spring hours average 15 hours per week. Summer hours average 30-35 hours per week.
- Shift work, including days, evenings and weekends.
- Photocopies of all awards will be required at the interview stage.
- Employment offer is conditional upon receipt of a Criminal Records Search, Vulnerable Sector Screening that is acceptable to Fairfields Swimming Club.