Tuesday, February 5, 2019
Mooredale’s heated outdoor pool provides a safe and family oriented environment for all Pool Club members. We are currently seeking responsible and enthusiastic individuals to apply for the position of Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor. The 2019 Pool Club season runs from May 18 (Victoria Day long weekend) to September 2, Labour Day. Our outdoor pool offers a relaxing and enjoyable escape from the bustle of city life. Our lovely “oasis in the heart of Rosedale” has always been a delight for returning and new Pool Club members of all ages.
- Ensure the day-to-day safe operation of the pool
- Guard pool and pool facilities to ensure safety of patrons; when necessary, execute appropriate emergency response procedures
- Perform routine maintenance duties and general routines to open and close the pool daily
- Conduct safe, challenging, and age-appropriate swimming lessons meeting all level requirements
- Encourage an enjoyable learning atmosphere for the swimmers registered through creative teaching techniques and constructive comments
- Ensure the prompt completion of all required documentation for swimmers and for pool records such as lesson plans and progress reports
- Perform desk reception duties when assigned
- Foster good public relations with members
- Set a personal example of excellence regarding safe activity on the premises as a pool staff member
- Participate fully in all scheduled training events
- Attend Mayfair (May 10/11, 2019) to provide First Aid as required and assist with Mayfair set up
- Red Cross WSI
- Lifesaving Instructor and Emergency First Aid Instructor (Lifesaving Society)
- National Lifeguard– Pool Option
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C and AED
- Strong safety and risk management competency
- Demonstrated responsibility and ability to take initiative
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Dedicated team player
to download the application form and read more about our Pool Club.
A completed application form and resume may be sent to email@example.com no later than 4:00 pm on Tuesday, February 5, 2019.