Sunday, September 1, 2019
LOCATION: Chaplin Family YMCA (Cambridge) HOURS: Full Time START DATE: Immediate
FUNCTION: This incumbent is responsible for ensuring excellence in member services through the leadership and administration of all aquatic related programs and services. This includes implementation of the YMCA Swim program, Aquatic Leadership training and recreational aquatic programs for all ages, determining areas for program improvements and coaching staff in delivering quality programs.
- Coordinate the development, consistent delivery of services and supervision of all aquatic related programs and services
- Evaluate and monitor the consistent delivery of aquatic programs and services ensuring that programs adhere to and promote YMCA mission, vision and values
- Recruit, coach, develop, supervise and evaluate all aquatic staff and volunteers
- Ensure a safe aquatic environment
- Provide leadership to the planning and management of the Member Services aquatic budget and work plans
- Assist the Program Director in developing an annual marketing and promotional plan including brochures, advertising, special promotions, and schedules
- Maintain all the First Aid supplies for the entire facility
- Provide direct delivery of programs by following performance standards and expectations to build relationships and mentor staff – 10 to 15hrs/wk minimum
- Ensure all YMCA Aquatic programs and services are offered at appropriate times and in sufficient quantity to meet member and community interest and needs
- Vision plan for all aquatic programs and services by evaluating current programs, exploring new trends and determining annual initiatives/directions resulting in member retention and new member recruitment
- Act as a liaison between the Aquatic Staff/Volunteers/Members/Participants and the Program Director/Team, modeling positive pro-active and on-going communication
- Facilitate financial assistance arrangements for Aquatic programs
- Ensure YMCA program standards, policies and procedures are maintained
- Facilitate Aquatic Leadership training
- Manage all aquatic administration including invoicing, payroll, course inputs, additions, deletions, wait lists, and daily log sheets
- Monitor swim program statistics and registration
- Attend workshops, trainings, conferences and staff meetings as required
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Completion of Community College degree/diploma in Recreation & Leisure or related field
- 2-3 years of related aquatic/programming and supervisory experience
- National Lifeguard certification
- Swim Instructor certification
- Standard First Aid/CPR/AED
- Aquatic Fitness Instructor-asset
- Advanced Aquatics Certification (National Lifeguard Instructor/Examiner, First Aid Instructor/Examiner, YMCA Aquatic Trainer) an asset
- Acceptable Vulnerable Sector Police Check
Child and Youth Focused: Commits to assisting the personal growth and development of children and youth.
Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, and staff to learn and grow personally and professionally.
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner to support information sharing.
Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Leadership: Guides, motivates and inspires others to take action towards desired outcomes.
Problem Solving: Identifies an issue and works towards a solution.
Tolerance for Ambiguity: Functions effectively in situations of less than perfect or incomplete information.
NOTE: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
To apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=d72d263d-3a95-404e-b5e7-25823c5490df&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=295212&source=CC3&lang=en_CA
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace, welcoming applications from all qualified persons. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation need known to the YMCA. The YMCAs comply with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and privacy laws. In keeping with privacy laws, we are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices. For more information on the YMCAs commitment to privacy, please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca . Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.