Monday, September 30, 2019
We are hiring TALENTED, ENERGETIC, ENGAGING DAYTIME, TUESDAY TO FRIDAY, SWIM INSTRUCTORS FOR BOTH OUR OAKVILLE AND BURLINGTON LOCATIONS
Do you want to be part of our amazing team? - apply TODAY
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18 to $20 / hour
Summary: Instructs students on water safety and proper swim techniques based on thorough knowledge of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents.
- Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
- Evaluates students’ progress. Completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and development of students’ swim skills.
- Acts as a GSS “ambassador” to ensure parental satisfaction.
- Uses problem solving/creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges students encounter.
- Inspects pool areas before and after each class for maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues.
- Reports issues to management as appropriate.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines.
- Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes required documentation and paperwork
- Performs deck teacher duties as needed.
- Occasionally performs cleaning duties such as window washing, deck mopping, trash removal etc.
- Occasionally required to attend in-service training outside of regular working hours.
- Participates in training/in-services as required.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
- National Lifeguard
- Standard First Aid with CPR C
- Previous experience delivering high quality swimming lessons preferred
If Interested, please contact:
We will provide reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring and employment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please contact Juanita Bueschleb through the company websiteand include: job title of the role you are interested in, your name and your preferred method of contact.