Saturday, November 23, 2019
Status: Part-time Contract
Reports to: Program Coordinator, Community Based Programs
Location: Variety Village, Scarborough, ON
Located in southwestern Scarborough, Variety Village is an inclusive, adaptive and family friendly facility serving more than 30,000 individuals each year. With approximately one half of its members with a disability, Variety Village has had and continues to have a profound impact on the lives of people with disabilities and their families. Through adaptive sport and recreation programming, outreach and education, Variety promotes inclusion and healthy living through adapted physical activity. Variety Village is seeking several qualified Lifeguards to join our team of talented staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the safety of all members and guests using the pool and immediate pool area;
- Conducting regular checks to ensure safety equipment is in proper working order;
- Performing pool tests as required;
- Maintaining the pool, deck and equipment clean and free from debris;
- Attending mandatory In-Service training each session;
- Participating in AODA, Plan to Protect, and Health & Safety training and adhering to those policies and others, during employment;
- Handling other duties as assigned.
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C and AED;
- National Lifeguard;
- Respect for the need for strict adherence to pool and swimmer safety;
- Experience in working with people with disabilities an asset;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Dependable, reliable and punctual;
- Strong customer service skills;
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, along with their resume to the contact information below by November 23, 2019. Applicants should be prepared to participate in a multi-step interview process and the successful applicant will be requested to complete a Criminal Record Check.
Attn: Human Resources Department
3701 Danforth Avenue
Scarborough, ON M1N 2G2
Please note that requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements outlined in the job posting. Applicants should make their requirements known when contacted.
While only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted, we sincerely thank all applicants in advance for their interest:
To learn more about Variety Village, please visit www.varietyontario.ca