Friday, September 27, 2019
Employment Terms: Contract, Part-Time (10 months)
Start Date: August 2019
Branksome Hall, a leading independent International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls challenges and inspires girls to love learning and shape a better world. Through the unique combination of wellbeing, outstanding academics and international mindedness, Branksome Hall students and employees become impactful leaders. With our values of Sense of Community, Inclusiveness, Creativity and Making a Difference as a foundation, Branksome Hall offers a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills.
For the 2019-20 academic year, we are seeking a Lifeguard/Swim Instructor to work in our aquatics program within the Junior, Middle and Senior School. This position is a part-time, one-year contract (10 months) with the possibility for renewal.
The hours for this position are generally during school hours, which include early morning practices at 7:00 a.m. and after school programs. This could also include some evening swim activities for students and employees offered a few times per month.
The Lifeguard/Swim Instructor is responsible for lifeguarding, assisting with the instruction of students as per the Red Cross/Lifesaving Society program, and coaching specific teams at the school. Other responsibilities include facilitating or coaching aquatic co-curricular programs such as competitive swim teams, and afterschool swim program.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lifeguard and provide support to classroom teachers in the delivery of the curricular swim program from JK – Grade 10;
- Instruct and assist with the evaluation of student Red Cross/Lifesaving Society swimming and lifesaving skill development from JK to Grade 6;
- Provide on-call coverage for pool classes as required;
- Assist in the supervision of students in change rooms;
- Ensure that the pool area is kept well organized and adheres to all safety regulations;
- Run weekly extra-curricular pool programs for students and staff;
- Coaching responsibilities for the fall and winter terms;
- Assist with the evaluation of student swimming and lifesaving skills.
- Related training at a post-secondary level preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience lifeguarding and swim instruction
- The following up to date and current certificates are required:
- National Lifeguard certification
- Standard First Aid CPR C
- AED Responder
- RED CROSS & Lifesaving Instructor certificates
- Experience working with children;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong team player;
- Ability to build rapport with students and adults.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in an opportunity to contribute to a dynamic organization, please apply by September 3, 2019. This posting will remain active until the position is filled.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Branksome Hall, please visit http://www.branksome.on.ca