Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Nature and Scope:
Every year, Lifeguarding Academy certifies over 2,000 students with first aid, lifeguarding, and other leadership certifications. In the year of 2018, the Lifesaving Society recognized Lifeguarding Academy as one of the largest private lifesaving program facilitators in Ontario and as an ever-growing school, we are constantly adding experienced instructors, examiners and trainers to our roster of staff.
As a Lifeguarding Academy instructor, you can expect to be teaching in an environment that is mutually rewarding, exciting and fun for both the learners and the instructors.
Lifeguarding Academy is currently seeking full time or part time instructors to assist in the delivery of lifesaving and lifeguarding programs. The successful candidate is an experienced, adaptable and open minded individual who is able to regularly teach our courses over the weekends.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitating, instructing and examining lifesaving and/or lifeguarding courses.
- Adequate course preparation prior to the course.
- Following procedures in regards to set up, clean up and emergency protocols.
- Ensuring a safe, fun, and stimulating environment for program participants.
- Assisting with equipment maintenance by ensuring it is regularly checked and in good/safe working condition.
- Maintaining open and positive communication with participants, parents and guardians by being accessible and responding to questions.
- Modelling appropriate behaviours toward staff, students and parents as well as proactively trying to develop positive relationships with everyone around you.
- Participating in promoting teamwork including motivating/assisting other staff, reporting to coordinators and supervisors as necessary.
- Attending staff meetings as required; including staff in-service sessions, social gatherings, and emergency meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Examiner status in at least 1 stream; First Aid, Bronze, National Lifeguard.
- Minimum of 6 courses taught in the stream that you are applying for.
- Current National Lifeguard & SFA with CPR C certifications
- Satisfactory Police Record Check
- Minimum of 2 references
Click here to submit your application online