Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. is currently seeking Part Time Lifeguards to join our team!
The key accountabilities of the role include, but are not limited to: Patrol and observe swimming pool area ensuring Ontario Health Regulation and pool rules are adhered to; Maintain safety of patrons in the swimming and deck area; Assist with pool set ups and take downs; Remain knowledgeable of emergency procedures and operational policies; Ensure correct patron-to-lifeguard ratios are met at all times; Quickly respond to pool emergencies and perform basic life support and first aid as required, including artificial respiration; Interact and maintain good public relations with patrons; Administrative duties including filling out bathers count totals, reports for situations (incident/injury reports, opening/closing procedures, inventory check, pool fouling reports etc.); Perform minor maintenance and cleaning as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of a high school diploma (or currently enrolled in high school);
- Valid and current certifications of the following: National Lifeguard, Standard First Aid- CPR-C, and Airway Management;
- A minimum of 1 year of Lifeguarding experience an asset;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Ability to work well with other staff;
- Willingness to take the most effective role (e.g. transitions, set ups, etc.);
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations;
- Skilled in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques;
- Ability to perform lifeguarding fitness and rescue skills at or above the National Lifeguard standard;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions;
- Flexibility to work shifts which may be in the day, evening or on weekends.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to the attention of Erin Atkinson by April 30, 2018
Erin Atkinson, Aquatics Manager
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre
875 Morningside Avenue
Scarborough, ON M1C 0C7
Three professional references will be required and the successful candidate(s) will be required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check.
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. is committed to creating an accessible organization and facility by removing barriers for individuals with disabilities. If you have any accessibility requirements or questions, whether as an employment candidate, volunteer, user of the facility or business partner, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.