Saturday, March 30, 2019
Are you a passionate person? Do you embody integrity? Is creating excellence important to you? Do you exemplify respect? These are the types of people we are looking for to join our team and help us to establish Friday Harbour as an exceptional all seasons waterside resort, providing unparalleled service and amenities.
Friday Harbour Resort is a resort living community located in Innisfil, Ontario. We offer our homeowners, members and guests amenities including: waterside dining, nature preserve, marina, shopping, recreation and leisure programming, special events, golf and more. We are continuously expanding our operations and are looking for exceptional associates to join our Friday Harbour Family.
As a member of the Friday Harbour Family, you will join our mission to infuse nature, luxury and brilliance into every moment.
Reporting to the Recreation and Leisure Leadership Team, the lifeguard will be responsible for the overall safety of a variety of swimmers utilizing the pool and beach facilities. Other responsibilities will include the maintenance of the pool and beach area to ensure safety and ease of use.
- Supervise assigned areas to ensure the safety of swimmers
- Ensure that all rules and regulations are adhered to ensuring safety
- Provide first aid treatment as required
- Update the pool log by recording and documenting any incidents
- Open and close the pool, ensuring the safety of all participants while in the pool
- Maintain direct contact with patrons and communicate with them in an effective manner
- Monitor designated pool and beach areas
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the pool deck area, change rooms, shower areas and beach front
- Ensure equipment is stored in its proper place, pick up towels and debris, restock towels and straighten chairs
- Conduct facility inspections, complete checklists and advise leader of any concerns found
- Assist guests with questions regarding the resort, activities and general information
- Assist in other areas of the Recreation and Leisure department
- Welcome and acknowledge each guest with a smile, eye contact and a friendly verbal greeting using the guests’ names when possible
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in hot, humid or cold environments
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Significant exposure to varying weather conditions
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
- Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
What will it be like to work for Friday Harbour Resort?
We are successful because our team is made up of exceptional employees who are passionate about providing luxury service. We are committed to providing associates a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents, encourages and nurtures skills and provides career paths allowing associates to continue to excel as a part of our Friday Harbour Family. Start Your New Path with Us.
● Current National Lifeguard certificate (dated 2 years or less)
● Standard First Aid with CPR certification
● Must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to work as part of a team
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
● Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
● Must be extremely responsible with integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
Interested candidates please apply online at www.fridayharbour.com/careers
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Friday Harbour is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please contact the Human Resources department with any accommodation requests.