Friday, February 15, 2019
To provide safe and effective supervision of members in and around the pool area, including prevention of accidents, and performance of first aid and water rescue when required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performance of water rescue and first aid when necessary.
- Safe & effective supervision of the pool and area during fitness and recreational swims/enforcement of aquatic rules and regulations.
- Follow assigned rotation, communicate with co workers and superiors of any member issues
- Ensure rescue equipment is in good working order/report otherwise (including oxygen, first aid box).
- Monitor and record water conditions, temperature, chlorine PH, etc. throughout shift on daily report form and notify pool maintenance contractors of problems. Complete daily aquatic report and all opening and closing checks.
- Answer telephone//provide information to members re: programs, schedule, and special events.
- Complete accident and incident reports when necessary.
- Keep pool area neat - pick up towels, toys, training equipment, etc.
- Explain lane-swimming procedures to new section members. Assist members with selecting a lane to swim in, stroke improvement, pulse check, use of training equipment, etc. Provide fitness swim prizes to swimmers.
- Set up and removal of Keiffer racing lane ropes.
- Remind all members to sign in on computer and/or guest sheet (if necessary).
- Complete shift change sheet when necessary
- Assist members as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current National Lifeguard certification
- Current First Aid & CPR certification
- Must have current Red Cross/ Life Saving Society Instructor certification.
- High Five Certification (Principles of Healthy Child Development)
- Qualifications must remain current (within two years)
- Good communications skills and ability to speak English fluently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Minimum 17 years of age Flexible to work variable shifts; evenings, weekends and holidays
Please apply using this link: