Thursday, August 1, 2019
People, Place, Prosperity
Working within our Strategic Plan, Cambridge Connected, and committing to our values of Integrity, Respect, Inclusiveness and Service, the successful candidate will work together to help the City of Cambridge achieve our vision: A place for people to prosper – alive with opportunity.
The City of Cambridge is looking for qualified Assistant Instructor for our Fall programming starting September.
What you will be doing
- Assists with the instruction of learn-to-swim levels as assigned.
- Promotes public education on drowning prevention.
- Follows safety supervision basics and ensure safety of program participants and practices a preventative approach to safety.
- Practices appropriate public relations while enforcing facility rules including preventing unauthorized access to change rooms and ensures safety.
- Responds to accidents and incidents involving patrons as required, including completing proper documentation.
- Completes light cleaning duties as assigned.
- Ensures accurate, timely and complete submission of forms and records including but not limited to personal training records, refund requests, program attendance sheets.
- Attends and participates in training sessions as required.
Experience and Knowledge
Experience working with children is an asset
We are looking for these certificates
- Bronze Cross
- High Five - Principles of Healthy Child Development
- Standard First Aid, CPR C, AED
- Lifesaving Society Assistant Instructor
To apply, please visit: www.cambridge.ca/careers
Please apply for this position by August 1, 2019. Be sure to attach your aquatic certifications in your candidate profile. Note: If you are a current City of Cambridge employee, be sure to apply through your personal email.