Friday, October 18, 2019
We are looking for an enthusiastic Assisatant Swim Coach to join our Aquatics team starting September 2019. The dynamic, forward-looking individual will assume a developmental coaching position.
Our coaches provide professional training and coaching for competitive and recreational swimmers.
This position will coach under the direction of our Head Swim Coach and provide the best in Aquatics sport opportunities to our members of the Junior Swim Team.
Our Junior Swim Team was created for swimmers 8-14 years of age who are members of The Cricket Club.
Swimmers will have the opportunity to meet new friends and develop their competitive swimming strokes, skills and turns in a supportive team environment.
Our Master’s program encourages both competitive and non-competitive swimmers to continue to enjoy fitness and sport.
Our triathlon program is designed to offer kids, youth and adult members the opportunity to experience the sport of triathlon with an eye to competing in this challenging multi-discipline sport.
An Overview of Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Head Coach to design and implement a skills improvement and training program for the Cricket Currents Swim Team
- Requires a weekly commitment of 12 hours per week (Monday- Thursday 4:30pm-7:30pm), and additional hours up to 10 per week depending on program assignment and weekend swim meets
- Masters and Triathlon training experience is an asset and additional coaching responsibilities for these programs may be required depending on program need and candidate experience
- Other administrative duties will be required at the discretion of the Head Coach
- Certifications must be current for the entire 2019-20 season: September 2019 - June 2020
- NCCP level 1, National Lifeguard with Standard First Aid, 3-4 years of competitive swimming preferred
- Previous coaching experiences an asset
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to function independently and in teamwork situations
- Excellent leadership, administration, interpersonal and communication skills with a proven focus on customer service, complemented by organization, team building and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use of confidential information appropriately, treat sensitive situations with appropriate degree of tact and discretion
If interested, please contact:
Aquatics Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org