Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. is currently seeking Part Time Lifeguards to join our team!
The key accountabilities of the role include, but are not limited to: Patrol and observe swimming pool area ensuring Ontario Health Regulation and pool rules are adhered to; Maintain safety of patrons in the swimming and deck area; Assist with pool set ups and take downs; Remain knowledgeable of emergency procedures and operational policies; Ensure correct patron-to-lifeguard ratios are met at all times; Quickly respond to pool emergencies and perform basic life support and first aid as required, including artificial respiration;Interact and maintain good public relations with patrons; Administrative duties including filling out bathers count totals, reports for situations (incident/injury reports, opening/closing procedures, inventory check, poolfouling reports etc.); Perform minor maintenance and cleaning as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of a high school diploma (or currently enrolled in high school);
- Valid and current certifications of the following: National Lifeguard, Standard First Aid- CPR-C, and Airway Management;
- A minimum of 1 year of Lifeguarding experience an asset;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Ability to work well with other staff;
- Willingness to take the most effective role (e.g. transitions, set ups, etc.)
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations;
- Skilled in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques;
- Ability to perform lifeguarding fitness and rescue skills at or above the National Lifeguard standard;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions;
- Flexibility to work shifts which may be in the day, evening or on weekends.
Three professional references will be required and the successful candidate(s) will be required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to the attention of: Erin Atkinson, Aquatics Manager.
Erin Atkinson, Aquatics Manager
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre
875 Morningside Avenue
Scarborough, ON M1C 0C7
A legacy of the 2015 Toronto Pan Am and Parapan Am Games, Toronto Pan Am SportsCentre is operated by a corporation co-owned by the City of Toronto and the University of Toronto. The world-class facility was the largest sport new-build for the Games and the largest infrastructure investment in Canadian amateur sport history. Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre delivers extensive programming that serves recreational and community groups, university students, high performance athletes, as well as fitness centre clientele. The building’s 312,000 square-feet includes two internationally sanctioned 10-lane 50-metre pools, a world-class dive pool and dry-land dive training facilities, a four-court gymnasium, a rock climbing wall, an indoor running track, conditioning rooms, a high performance testing centre, studio spaces, and a state-of-the-art fitness centre for members. Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre opened to community users, University of Toronto faculty, staff and students, City of Toronto program users and high performance in September 2014. For more information visit www.torontopanamsportscentre.ca
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. is committed to creating an accessible organization and facility by removing barriers for individuals with disabilities. If you have any accessibility requirements or questions, whether as an employment candidate, volunteer, user of the facility or business partner, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants that apply, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.