Sunday, August 18, 2019
The successful lifeguard and/or instructor candidate will work with the Aquatics team to provide a safe, educational and enjoyable aquatic environment that provides opportunity for all patrons and staff. Responsibilities include the following: the health and safety of patrons and coworkers by ensuring vigilant scanning and performing accident–prevention-style lifeguarding; maintaining adequate skill, knowledge and fitness levels; attending in-service training sessions; enforcing all Ontario Ministry of Health Regulations for swimming pools, university policy and faculty policies, and embracing the Faculty’s mission and values; educating members, students and other pool users; responding to first aid situations and public relations situations within the pool enclosure and community changerooms and within the Athletic Centre.
- National Lifeguard – Pool (Lifesaving Society) certification current within two yearsof issue required
- CPR-C (St John's Ambulance, Canadian Red Cross, or Lifesaving Society) current within one year of issue required
- Standard First Aid (St John's Ambulance, Canadian Red Cross, or Lifesaving Society) current within three year of issue required
- Airway Management or Oxygen Administration (Lifesaving Society or Canadian Red Cross) current within two years of issue required
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (preferred) and/or Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor current within two years of issue.
Availability to work flexible hours including daytime, evenings and weekends
David Kerr - email@example.com
Rachel Tennant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to our website for detailed job descriptions: