Wednesday, October 16, 2019
The Lifeguard is responsible for providing instruction in a safe and enjoyable environment and be capable of providing first aid treatment where necessary. Other responsibilities will include the maintenance of the pool area to ensure safety and ease of use.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Perform water rescue and first aid when necessary
- Provide safe and effective supervision of the pools, splash pad, and deck areas as per Club regulations and policies in addition to the regulations of the Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.R.O. 1990, Regulation 565: Public pools
- Ensure that the pools, splash pad, and deck areas are safe and clean, and deck furniture and pool accessories are kept orderly and stored correctly, through vacuuming, skimming, removal of debris and towels, and tidying of furniture, equipment, and supplies
- Pool chemical and water balance readings, as required
- Other duties as assigned by the Club
- Be ready on deck in time for your scheduled shifts.
Health and Safety
- Must work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act Regulation and follow in accordance to the Club’s Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Report all accidents, illnesses, or ‘near miss” incidents to your direct reporting Manager immediately
Hours of Work
- Part-time position. Able to work shifts (days/afternoons/evenings)
- Able to work weekend shifts
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- National Lifeguard (NL) certification
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Standard First Aid with CPR certification
If you feel this position describes your skills and experience, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include the position title "Lifeguard/Swim Instructor" in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Yacht Club is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We ensure that all individuals are treated equally, respectfully and with integrity. We welcome resume submissions from all qualified applicants and thank you for your interest in the Royal Canadian Yacht Club. If accommodations are required, please contact Human Resources directly. All information received will be addressed confidentially.