Friday, July 5, 2019
Responsible for monitoring and supervising recreational swimming activities including providing lifeguard services, responding to emergency situations and enquiries from program participants and the general public, participating in training programs and performing minor pool maintenance duties. Responsible for providing safe swimming instruction programs at assigned Town pools in accordance with prescribed Lifesaving Society and Town program standards including preparing lesson plans, core plans, work sheets and progress report cards; performing minor pool maintenance and maintaining a tidy deck area. The candidate will be paid according to the role they are performing.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C -from Red Cross, Lifesaving Society, St. John’s Ambulance, or Canadian Ski Patrol is required
- Current National Lifeguard, Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor & Lifesaving Instructor (Emergency First Aid Instructor recommended).
- Bronze Examiner status, Advanced Instructor Certifications, or Lifesaving Sport Coach level one is an asset.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the general public, certifying organizations, emergency service agencies, program participants and staff.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Training in WHMIS, SOS preferred.
- Good program delivery, interpersonal, organizational and instructional skills.
- Due to the nature of the contacts of this position a Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the Town is required.
- Availability to work flexible hours including daytime, evenings and weekends.