Friday, July 5, 2019
Under the direction of the Recreation Programmer and Program Coordinator, the Deck Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of leisure pool facilities in compliance with provincial guidelines and Town standards including supervising and assisting part-time staff; recording bather loads; checking, recording and maintaining pool chemical balance as approved by Facility Worker/Lead Hand and performs inspections of pool equipment; performs First Aid and/or arranges for emergency services as needed and completes appropriate documentation; responds to questions and concerns from staff and the general public and resolves and/or refers to appropriate staff.
- Minimum 2 years experience as an Instructor/Guard.
- Current holder of Lifesaving Swim Instructor/Lifesaving Instructor and National Lifeguard (NL).
- Current holder of a Standard First Aid with CPR-C certification.
- Current holder of Lifesaving Society Aquatic Supervisor Training (AST) certification.
- Certified Pool Operator, Lifesaving Society Instructor Trainer, Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard Instructor will be considered an asset.
- Strong public relations, interpersonal, supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with staff, general public, program participants and user groups.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Experience and strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Due to the nature of the contacts of this position a Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the Town is required
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTo apply: https://newmarket.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/1161