Friday, August 2, 2019
As a Shift Team Leader you will be part of a talented and dedicated team that provides an exceptional experience to each guest so their day at Marineland full of fun, family, and friends.
You are responsible for leading a team, and participating on a team, that provides guests with an exceptional experience while ensuring safe and proper use of the splash pad and water slides facility. Daily tasks include scheduling of team members; troubleshooting guest, team member and operational concerns; checking the presentation of the Polar Splash team members and their work ethic.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Committed to learning and growing
- Provide leadership in promoting friendly and positive relationships with all guests, and striving towards excellence in customer service
- Ability to motivate team members is key, especially during the daily Pod Talk.
- Able to make decisions, and understand when to take appropriate action in any situation, critical or otherwise, regarding the safe operation of the splash pad, team member, and guest situations.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to work with a can-do attitude, always achieving a positive and safe guest experience.
- Manage guest incidents
- Supervise, direct, motivate and encourage staff to build and sustain a positive team environment
- Ensure the implementation of all facility emergency and safety procedures including WHMIS and Health & Safety regulations.
- Knowledge of some the following would be considered an asset: theme park operations, first aid, emergency situations and record keeping.
- Work with enthusiasm and energy, maintaining confidentiality and concentration while working under a variety of weather conditions.
- Must be able to walk and stand for an entire shift and have the ability to support a 7-day a week operation and work shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- 3+ years relevant management experience
- College/University degree in Recreation, Leisure Studies or related field an asset
- Lifesaving Society Bronze Examiner, First Aid Instructor/Examiner and National Lifeguard Instructor/Examiner an asset
- Experience with Health & Safety, Labour Costs, Inventory, and Payroll an asset
Please submit your application at
www.marineland.ca > Employment
Apply ASAP, as this position is for July and August.