Friday, September 13, 2019
The Scarborough Swim Club is a not-for-profit swim club associated with both Swim Ontario and Swimming Canada and provides professional swim instruction, training and coaching for both pre-competitive and competitive swimmers ages 6 and up. The Club operates in the eastern region of the GTA and has been in operation for over 60 years. This past season, the Club had over 120 competitive swimmers and a rapidly growing pre-competitive program of 160 swimmers. Our Club operates within the new world-class facility in the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre, as well as RH King Academy Pool and Wilfred Laurier Collegiate Pool - all located in Scarborough.
The Club’s Swim Academy is a pre-competitive program for ages 6-12. The SCAR Academy Coordinator will oversee the pre-competitive lessons program at our 3 locations in Scarborough. You will work closely with the Head Coach for curriculum development and program alignment with our competitive program. This position will be a combination of both the “wet” and “dry” sides of the program; however, the position will also work closely with the Club Administrator who handles registration.Please note that this is a part-time position for approximately 20 hours per week including evenings.
- Delivering our lesson curriculum provided, and further program development working with the Head Coach
- Management of staff including instructors and supervisors; this includes hiring, training, payroll
- Conduct on-going instructor training throughout the season (September to June)
- Conduct assessments for new swimmers
- Attend all 3 pool locations each week to monitor instructor performance and program compliance
- Communicate with swimmers and families on a regular basis in person and via email; coordinate with Club Administrator for membership wide communications
- Oversee the execution of the program mini swim meets at the end of every session
- Administrative duties such as approving report cards, payroll preparation, stocking first aid supplies, maintaining class lists and assisting with registration
- Minimum 2-3 years lifeguarding and instructional experience required
- Prior supervisory and program oversight related to swimming
- Level 1 or NCCP Skills Coach certified or working towards certification
- National Lifeguard, Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- Successful candidates must provide a V.S.C.
- Knowledge of Team Unify software an asset
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
This position will start September 1, 2019.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to our Club Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.