Friday, June 14, 2019
Term: Seasonal - Spring (May-August); Summer (June-August); Possibility of Fall contract extension.
Location: CNIB Lake Joseph Centre (MacTier, ON)
CNIB’s Lake Joseph Centre (commonly known as “Lake Joe”) is a fully accessible lakefront residential facility located in the Muskoka region of Ontario, providing a unique blend of recreation, skills training, social interaction, and personal discovery in a safe, inclusive environment. Two hours north of Toronto, Lake Joe stretches over 12.5 acres of waterfront property on the northwest corner of beautiful Lake Joseph. Staff and volunteers provide a wide range of high quality programs to people of all ages who are living with vision loss.
The Program Facilitator, Waterfront will hold guest experience as the highest priority while providing safe recreational opportunities for guests (seniors, adults, families, children and youth) attending the CNIB Lake Joseph Centre. This is accomplished through creative planning, energetic facilitation and excellent interpersonal skills. The Program Facilitator, Waterfront position is an active lifeguard role. The Waterfront Team at Lake Joe supports all spring and summer waterfront programming.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Safely lifeguard for waterfront and boating programs at the CNIB Lake Joseph Centre
- Energetically support with non-waterfront programming as assigned (camp fire, crafts, offsite excursions, etc.)
- Using excellent interpersonal skills, facilitate, support and evaluate recreation programs. Arrive 15 minutes prior to assigned program
- Uphold all standards and policies of the CNIB Lake Joseph Centre, with particular care given to customer service
- With guest experience at the forefront, provide new and creative ideas with respect to programs, and service delivery
- Assist guests by taking an active role in all dining room duties and responsibilities, including serving meals
- Welcome guests by taking an active role in all duties pertaining to change over day
- Assist guests in the event of an emergency or whenever necessary within their cabins or program areas
- Provide support, guidance, and leadership to volunteers, guests and visitors
- In an effort to improve upon guest experience, actively participate in staff meetings and all ongoing and pre-camp training, including but not limited to waterfront training
- Work as a team member taking on other areas of responsibilities as the need arises (e.g. tuck shop).
- Follow all CNIB Lake Joseph Centre waterfront procedures
- Ensure guest safety by adhering to all CNIB, CNIB waterfront, health & safety, Ontario Camp Association, Lifesaving Society / National Lifeguard standards
- Understand and be sensitive to the unique safety considerations that need to be taken when working with a special population
- Provide assistance to all guests/staff and ensure their safety and happiness at all times
- Be respectful and courteous at all times
- Champion a Culture of Volunteerism by supporting and environment where volunteers are respected and valued members of the team
- Other duties as assigned
The duties and responsibilities outlined above are indicative of the role, but aren’t exhaustive and may be subject to change as required.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please state in your cover letter what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Experience and interest in recreation programming in a camp setting
- Strong interpersonal skills including patience, empathy, and communication
- Current (within 6 months of start date) Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR “C” for the duration of your contract
- Current National Lifeguard certification required for the duration of your contract
- Current National Lifeguard - Waterfront option is an asset
- PCO (Pleasure Craft Operator) Card
- ORCA/ORKA Certification is an asset
- Ability to work as a team member
- Experience working with people with vision loss (children, teens and adults) is an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours as well as standard camp hours
- Ability to work in a changing and busy environment
- Must reside at Lake Joseph Centre during operational season
- Must be willing to share accommodations with other staff member
Please apply online at: https://cniblakejoe.campbrainstaff.com