Friday, June 7, 2019
Join the pack, we think you’d be GREAT!
The Assistant Director of Aquatics is to offer a level of service that exceeds guest expectations, and establishes or maintains a positive and productive relationship both within the organization and with guests. To provide management guidance to Managers, Supervisors, and lifeguards to maintain a high level of training and expertise in waterpark operations and safety.
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Be a leader in ensuring “Dynamic Service Culture.”
- Describes and assigns responsibility and authority for the operation of the department; including but not limited to scheduling MODs and Supervisors, conducting training for Supervisors and Managers.
- Has working knowledge of emergency procedures, administers and coordinates emergency first aid, documenting incidents involving guests and staff.
- Assist in developing Managers, Supervisors, and Lifeguards to qualify for advancement.
- Coordinates and maintains documentation for training programs.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe workplace which is achieved by understanding the obligations listed in the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Interfaces with maintenance department to ensure proper signage, TSSA, Health Regulation and Facility standards are met.
- Work with the Director to maintain departmental budget.
- Payroll Management for aquatics department.
- Responsible for fulfilling the Waterpark MOD duties.
- Instructs Lifeguard training and certification. Assists with in-service trainings throughout the year.
- Works to maintain an efficient, cooperative atmosphere among staff members.
- Maintains a general knowledge of the entire resort operation.
- Projects a positive public relations image to staff and guest.
- At least 2 years of experience in supervising employees.
- Ellis & Associates ILTP license and Ellis & Associates Basic Leadership Training license.
- Willing and able to obtain Ellis & Associates Instructor license.
- EMT or medical background in first aid, CPR, and AED.
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) preferable.
- Exhibits ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of who will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts.
- Motivates diverse groups to achieve extraordinary goals and overcome challenges. Inspires and motivates team members to work together and achieve beyond expectations.
- Successfully manages people to achieve performance goals. Excellent people management skills including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Develops detailed, realistic, and comprehensive plans that support organizational objectives. Effectively allocates resources and time across groups or departments.
- Takes an exhaustive approach to every task. Committed to comprehensive and in-depth analysis, planning, and implementation of every work effort.
- Capable of working unusual hours, including late nights, weekends and all holidays in a fast paced atmosphere.
- College degree preferable.
- Ability to create and maintain documents with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Swim 50 yards in 4 ft. of water and retrieve a 20 lb brick at bottom of water.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a humid, warm environment and be immersed in water for extended periods of time.
- Position sometimes requires the ability to lift, push, and pull at least 50 lbs and up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to climb multiple flights of stairs.
If interested, please contact:
Natalie Fiwchuk | Recruitment & Training Manager
Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls
3950 Victoria Avenue | Niagara Falls, Ontario L2E 7M8
Office: 905.353.5634| Fax: 905-353-5626
Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.greatwolf.com
Great Wolf Lodge is an equal opportunity employer. All applicable provincial and federal laws will be followed to ensure consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, disability or other classification protected by law. Great Wolf Lodge will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with applicable law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection will be made on job related factors. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact the HR Department.