Friday, May 24, 2019
The City of Dryden is looking for a dynamic leader and team player to fulfill the Supervisor of Community Recreation Programs position. This is a permanent, full-time supervisory position.
Reporting to the City of Dryden’s Manager of Community Services, you will be responsible for ensuring a safe, clean and enjoyable facility for aquatic and fitness experiences, including registered community recreation & leisure programs, fitness classes, swimming lessons, leadership classes and unstructured leisure opportunities.
As part of the community (recreation) services team, you will set direction for development of policies and procedures specific to the aquatic and fitness facilities. You are a motivated person, who possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work professionally with internal and external customers. You possess strong time management, organizational and customer service skills. Previous experience with Lifesaving Society & Red Cross standards, as well as staff scheduling in an Aquatic environment will be considered a definite asset.
Salary to commensurate with qualifications, education and experience.
As the ideal candidate you will possess:
- A post-secondary education in Recreation Administration, Kinesiology or Public Administration.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of directly related experience in a Fitness and Aquatic Facility preferably from a leadership position (within a municipality) would be an asset.
- Previous experience in recreation program development, facilitation/delivery and evaluation.
- A proven ability to develop and support a high performing team committed to excellent customer service.
- Valid Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard or Red Cross Lifeguard certification is definite asset.
- Certified Fitness Instructor and/or Personal Trainer designations would be considered an asset.
A full Job Description is available at https://careers.dryden.ca/job/search . Interested applicants are invited to submit a separate cover letter and detailed resume to:
Mrs. Valerie McKeever, Human Resources Assistant
30 Van Horne Ave, Dryden, ON P8N 2A7
Closing date is Wednesday, May 24th, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. CDT.
Accommodations of persons with disabilities are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance to the Manager of Human Resources or designate.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.