Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Pool Manager, Assistant Pool Manager, Shift Leader
- Training – participate fully in all staff training.
- Attend Mayfair (May 8/9, 2020) to provide First Aid as required and assist with Mayfair set up.
- Guard pool and pool facilities to ensure safety of patrons; when necessary, execute appropriate emergency response procedures.
- Arrive for shift on time in an alert and rested state so safety of swimmers is not compromised.
- Use all available resources (staff manual, equipment, leadership staff feedback) to improve lifeguarding skills.
- Educate and remind patrons about rules and safety requirements; enforce as needed and call on assistance from managers when required.
- Complete pool chemical tests on time and report to manager on duty.
- Perform desk reception duties when assigned; ensure that all swimmers sign in and leave their member card/guest pass on the swimming board
- Assist with all aspects of pool opening and closing tasks when scheduled.
- Maintenance: perform daily and weekly maintenance items as outlined by managers. These duties include: remove standing water in change rooms, clean ground floor, tidy and disinfect pool deck, take out garbage and recycling, put in vacuum for overnight pool cleaning, tidy and vacuum staff room and food areas used by staff, clean scum line, restock supplies on an ongoing basis, scrub slippery areas of deck, sweep leaves on deck and remove as necessary, etc.
- Set a personal example of excellence regarding safe activity on the premises.
- Foster good public relations with patrons.
- Perform other related duties when assigned by supervisor.
- Evaluation: Employees will receive mid-season and final performance reviews by a Manager. Regular verbal and/or written feedback will be provided throughout the season by the Manager, the Assistant Manager or the Shift Leader.
- Current National Lifeguard - Pool
- Current Standard First-Aid and CPR-C
Catherine Loeffler, Administrative Assistant
Membership, Pool, Preschool and Programs
We thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Interested candidates should forward a complete cover letter and résumé with references by 4:00pm January 31, 2020