Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Full-time, permanent Location:
400 Consumers Road (Hwy 401 & Victoria Park Ave.) Hours:
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Salary & benefits
: $41,000/year plus benefits.
- Work in a team environment with staff providing courteous and prompt service to the customer.
- Warehouse Organization
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized workplace
- Maintain labeling and organized storage of products
- Maintain recycling items such as pallets and boxes and arrange for disposal. This may include dismantling odd sized items in preparation for disposal.
- Daily sweeping and disposal of all garbage
- Oversee deliveries including setting loading ramps, working with manual pump trucks and assisting with unloading deliveries
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against purchase orders and other documents.
- Record accurately received goods, shortages or damages.
- Submit all documents to appropriate staff within office in the specified time.
- Unpack and route goods to designated storage areas
- Capable of using ladders, stocking shelves and lifting items up to 50lbs routinely
- Delivery internal packages to appropriate staff
- Pick and pack goods to be shipped and prepare identifying information and shipping instructions. This may include some assembly of products.
- Ensure orders are interpreted and filled correctly for customers.
- Determine method of shipment, prepare bills and required shipping documents
- Oversee loading of shipments and assist as required
- Ability to learn quickly with strong attention to details
- Prepare shipping quotes for order desk as requested
- Liaise with shippers and maintain a positive report
- Record Keeping
- Maintain internal record-keeping systems
- Maintain logs and journals of shipping activities & procedures as required
- Tracking and problem solving with shipping companies
- Assist with hand mail and preparation for pickup daily
- Monitor mail machine operations
- Monitor stock levels and report low stock to purchasing manager
- Assist with quarterly inventory day by preparing warehouse and assisting in finding products during the counts and ensure stock is clearly marked and accessible.
- Maintain shelf space efficiency by reorganizing stock as required.
- Office and administration supplies
- Restock office paper, envelopes and other items as required
- Order shipping supplies as needed
- Maintain a clean and slip free workplace
- Adhere to all personal protective equipment requirements
- Adhere to company Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Maintain clear access to all doors leading inside and out, including light shoveling of steps.
- All other duties assigned as required
Possession of the following knowledge, skills and experience will enable the selected applicant to perform the major job functions successfully. Those marked with an * are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and confidently *
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision *
- A proven team player that believes all team members contribute to the success of an organizations visions and goals *
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills including working with numbers *
- Physical fitness and agility and dexterity to a level adequate to perform the duties of picking and packing, receiving and stocking shelves with boxes up to 50lbs *
- 2-3 years’ experience as a shipper/receiver in a warehouse or distribution centre
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Familiarity with shipping company procedures and services (ie. Canada Post, UPS, Freight)
- Computer literate and experience using computerized software for shipping
- Experience shipping international
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook
To apply: Send resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is October 30, 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for their interest in our company.
Further information on this position is available from Renata Jaciw-Zurakowsky, Business Development Director (416) 490-8844 or email@example.com
The Lifesaving Society is a national volunteer organization and registered charity working to prevent drowning and water-related injury. We are composed of tens of thousands of individual members, and over 4,000 affiliated swimming pools, waterfronts and schools. We save lives and prevent water-related injury through our training programs, Water Smart® public education, drowning prevention research, aquatic safety management and lifesaving sport. The Society has been educating Canadians since the first Lifesaving Society Bronze Medallion was earned in 1896. Each year, more than 1,000,000 Canadians participate in the Society’s swimming, lifesaving, lifeguarding and leadership programs.