Sunday, May 31, 2020
Laughter, fun, empowering activities – essential ingredients for the perfect camp experience. Do you want to be part of the fantastic team that helps make it all possible?
For more than 50 years, CNIB Lake Joe has been providing an exciting, safe, and accessible camp experience for people living with sight loss. CNIB Lake Joe is looking for Lifeguards to help us bring the magic of summer camp to life for people living with sight loss!
What you'll do
- Safely lifeguard our waterfront and boating programs
- Provide an outstanding guest experience by taking an active role in dining room duties, and aide all guests to ensure their safety and happiness
- Provide support, guidance, and leadership to volunteers, guests, and visitors
- Ensure guest safety by adhering to CNIB Lake Joseph Centre waterfront procedures, health & safety, Ontario Camp Association and Lifesaving Society standards
Why work at Lake Joe?
We want you to learn, grow, and succeed professionally. As part of the Lake Joe team, you'll explore your strengths and build a skill set that will last you a lifetime. Communication, leadership, integrity, inclusiveness, collaboration, curiosity – you'll strengthen values, skills, and a professional network that will set you up for success and look fantastic on a resume!
You'll make a difference. Every single day. At CNIB Lake Joe, you'll be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates a unique blend of recreation, skills training, innovation, and personal discovery. Working and learning with an amazing team of staff and volunteers, you'll create life-changing experiences for campers living with sight loss.
Live, work, and play at beautiful Lake Joe. Two hours north of Toronto, CNIB Lake Joe stretches across 12.5 acres of stunning waterfront property on the northwest corner of Lake Joseph. Did we mention that your room and meals are included?
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Strong interpersonal skills including patience, empathy, and communication
- Experience in camp or other recreation programs
- Ability to provide current (within 6 months of start date) Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- A standard First Aid, CPR-C certification, current National Lifeguard certification (NL - Waterfront an asset)
- Must reside at CNIB Lake Joe during operational season and be willing to share accommodations with other staff member
- PCO (Pleasure Craft Operator) card, or willingness to obtain
- Personal or professional experience relating to blindness and sight loss is considered an asset
To apply online, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title in the subject line. Be sure to include a resume and a brief paragraph letting us know why you want to join our Lake Joe team.
You're also welcome to stop by Lake Joe in person to drop off an application (and check out the camp of course – it's incredible). We are located at 4 Joe Finley Way, MacTier, ON P0C 1H0 from Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm.
Our diversity is our strength – we take pride in our inclusive workplace and are committed to recruiting and selecting in a fair, transparent, and accessible way. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.