Wednesday, September 30, 2020
We are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Head Swim Coach to join our Aquatics team starting September 2020. The dynamic, forward-looking individual will assume a developmental coaching position with swimmers aged 12 and under, as well as an assistive role to the head coach. Our coaches provide professional training and coaching for competitive and recreational swimmers. This position will coach under the direction of our Head Swim Coach and provide the best in Aquatics sport opportunities to our members of the Junior Swim Team.
Our Swim Team was created for swimmers 8-18 years of age who are members of The Cricket Club. Swimmers will have the opportunity to meet new friends and develop their competitive swimming strokes, skills and turns in a supportive team environment.
An Overview of Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Head Coach to design and implement a skills improvement and training program for the Cricket Currents Swim Team
- Attend swim meets as required
- Requires a weekly commitment of 20-25 hours per week and additional hours up to 10 per week depending on program assignment and weekend swim meets
- Other administrative duties will be required at the discretion of the Head Coach
- Certifications must be current for the entire 2020-21 season: September 2020 – July 2021
- NCCP level 1(level 2 preferred), National Lifeguard with Standard First Aid
- Previous coaching experiences required
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to function independently and in teamwork situations
- Excellent leadership, administration, interpersonal and communication skills with a proven focus on customer service, complemented by organization, team building and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use of confidential information appropriately, treat sensitive situations with appropriate degree of tact and discretion
If you feel that you are the ideal candidate, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence via email to:
Sarah Steinke, Aquatics Manager email@example.com
While we appreciate your interest, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.