Friday, February 11, 2022
Aquatics Supervisor, Full time salaried position $38,000-$45,000 annual
Location: YMCA Jerry McCaw Family Centre, 1015 Finch Drive, Sarnia ON
Start Date: As soon as possible
Know and follow YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures.
- Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work.
- Responsible for the development, scheduling and delivery of Aquatics programs and member engagement
- Recruitment, training, and mentoring of all staff and volunteer team members for the purpose of delivering excellence in customer service through Aquatics programs and services
- Provide direct leadership in programs modeling/ mentoring service excellence
- Regular usage of pool chemicals and cleaning supplies for water and deck equipment maintenance
- Role model YMCA Standards, YMCA Values and Commitment to Service
- 50-75% of work time is spent in the pool or on the pool deck in moist, humid climate conditions
Ensure all policies and procedures are being followed
o Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard - Pool (current certification required)
o Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard – Waterfront / Waterpark / Surf an asset
o Standard First Aid and CPR-C (current certification from Lifesaving Society, Red Cross or St. John Ambulance required)
o YMCA Swim Instructor or Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor or Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (current certification required)
o Lifesaving Society Lifesaving and Emergency First Aid Instructor (current certification required)
o Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard Instructor, Standard First Aid Instructor and Advanced Examiner an asset
o YMCA Aquatic Trainer certification an asset
· University degree or college diploma in recreation, business, and/or related fields AND/OR minimum of two years related experience in recreation program development and staff supervision, preferably within a YMCA or similar company.
· Minimum 3 years lifeguard experience.
· Experience working with children, youth, and adults.
· Exceptional communication skills, relationship-building skills, and organizational skills
· Experience managing a budget an asset.
· Current and acceptable Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening is a condition of employment for all staff and volunteers.
· It is a YMCA of Southwestern Ontario requirement that all employees and volunteers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be granted upon receipt of acceptable proof of a permissible Human Rights Code ground.
1. Submit your cover letter, resume, and applicable attachments to Paul Skuza, General Manager at the YMCA Jerry McCaw Family Centre via email: Paul.Skuza@swo.ymca.ca