Thursday, March 31, 2022
PEOPLE, PLACE, PROSPERITY
Working within our Strategic Plan, Cambridge Connected, and committing to our values of Integrity, Respect, Inclusiveness and Service, the successful candidate will work together to help the City of Cambridge achieve our vision: A place for people to prosper – alive with opportunity.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
In accordance with the City of Cambridge’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all new City of Cambridge employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodations required in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The City of Cambridge is looking for qualified Instructor/Lifeguard for our Summer programming starting in June.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Instructs learn-to-swim and lifesaving levels based on Lifesaving Society curriculum and prepares lesson plans for all levels.
- Actively involved in the programming taking place in the facility, including but not limited to lessons and recreational swims.
- Follows safety supervision basics and ensures safety of program participants. Practices a preventative approach to safety and makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary, including completing proper documentation.
- Evaluates students' progress, completes accurately all forms and records including but not limited to worksheets, progress reports.
- Occasionally performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck sloshing, scum line, etc.
- Participates in training/in-service as required, occasionally outside of regular working hours.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines and performs required pool testing, performs morning and evening maintenance checks and completes log sheets accordingly.
- Note: Location of work is to be determined.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
Minimum of six months' experience as an Assistant Instructor.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THESE CERTIFICATES
National Lifeguard (NL)
Lifesaving and Swim Instructor
Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED
High Five - Principles of Healthy Child Development
WE WILL ASK YOU FOR THESE ITEMS IF YOU ARE HIRED
Current and valid Police Vulnerable Sector Check to be provided prior to commencement in this position.
Proof of your current and valid certificate(s) and/or educational qualifications.
Worker Health and Safety Awareness Training certificate from the Ministry of Labour. (may be obtained post offer)
Covid-19 proof of dose one (1) and two (2) vaccination upon hire (External Candidates)
RATE OF PAY
The hourly rate of pay for the lifeguard position starts at $15.00 (under review)
The hourly rate of pay for the instructor position starts at $15.75 (under review)
HOURS OF WORK
Hours will include evenings, weekdays or weekends and are dependent on the number of participants taking part in our programs; as such, there are no minimum hours associated with this position.
Note: The hiring criteria for summer session employment does not allow for vacation time. It is understood that you will be available for work during the entire summer program period.
ADVERTISEMENT EXPIRATION DATE
Please apply for this position by March 31, 2022.
Be sure to attach your aquatic certifications in your candidate profile.
ACCOMMODATION NEEDS AND PROTECTION OF PRIVACY
The City of Cambridge is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the recruitment and hiring process.
Please contact Human Resources to make your needs known in advance, with the nature of any accommodations that you may require in respect to any materials or processes used to ensure your full and equal participation throughout the recruitment and hiring process.
Personal information collected in relation to the recruitment process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and used solely to determine eligibility for employment with the City of Cambridge only.
To apply for this position visit: www.cambridge.ca/careers. Please apply for this position by March 31, 2022.