Monday, January 24, 2022
The Lifesaving Society Ontario is a full-service provider of programs, products and services designed to prevent drowning. We save lives and prevent water-related injury through our training programs, Water Smart® public education, drowning prevention research, aquatic safety management and lifesaving sport. Each year, more than 1,000,000 Canadians participate in the Society’s swimming, lifesaving, lifeguarding and leadership programs.
The Lifesaving Society Ontario offers a diverse and inclusive work environment that embraces teamwork and collaboration with a focus on service excellence. The Lifesaving Society Ontario is seeking an experienced UI-UX Designer and Front-end web developer to join our inhouse IT team. Reporting to the Senior Information Services Officer, the UI-UX Designer and Front-end web developer will develop and deliver functional and attractive online user experiences to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: 400 Consumers Road (Hwy 401 & Victoria Park Ave.), Toronto, Ontario This is an onsite position.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hour work week
Some evening and weekend work required
Salary & benefits: $81,630 annually plus benefits.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com
Application deadline: End of day, Monday, January 24, 2022
Work as an active and engaged member of the Information Services team to:
- Evaluate, optimize, create and implement UI/UX designs for a variety of desktop software and web applications
- Develop, test, and implement front-end web applications
- Communicate with team members and stakeholders to understand goals and objectives
- Collaborate with developers and stakeholders to improve usability
- Abide by graphic standards and brand consistency
- Optimize applications for performance
- Design mobile-based features
- Write technical documentation and user guides
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting as required
- Stay current with emerging technologies
Possession of the following knowledge, skills and experience will enable the selected applicant to perform the major job functions successfully.
- Degree or Diploma in computer technology or relevant field or equivalent experience in UI-UX and front-end web programming
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in UI-UX and front-end web programming
- Full understanding of the web development process (design, development, testing and deployment)
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Experience working with e-learning platforms (Moodle)
- Experience presenting and explaining design options
- Experience developing and deploying front-end web applications
- Understanding of layout aesthetics, usability and accessibility
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and to deadlines
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Detail oriented
- Problem solver and user-centered
- Eligible to work in Canada
The Lifesaving Society is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. If selected for an interview, please inform us of any accommodation you may require during the process.
As per the Lifesaving Society Ontario Vaccine policy all staff are required to have two doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine. The successful candidate must provide proof of full vaccination along with a signed Consent to Disclosure of Vaccination Records Form.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Further information on this position is available from Wendy Mahony (416) 490-8844 ext:231 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Lifesaving Society
To learn more about the Lifesaving Society visit our website www.lifesavingsociety.com or follow us on social media.