Friday, September 30, 2022
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. is currently seeking Part Time Lifeguards to join our team!
At the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. we can offer you:
- Flexible Hours
- Premium Shift Pay for designated times (Early mornings, overnights, and weekdays during the day)
- Free membership to the Centre
- Team Environment
- Training, Including paid certification for Airway Management
- Opportunities for leadership roles
- Gain experience in working large scale Aquatic Events such as: Swim, Dive, Water Polo & Artistic Swimming competitions, Commercial & Movie productions, photo shoots and more!
- Complimentary Corporate Events
- Discounts with various vendors on items such as mobility, clothing, events, etc.
HOURS OF WORK
- Shifts available are days, afternoons and evenings, weekdays and weekends. Example of shift times are: 4:30am-9:30am, 8am-4pm, 11am-7pm, 1pm-9pm, 4pm-7pm and 7pm-11pm. Premium Shift Pay provided for designated times.
- Facility Operating Hours are from 4:30am-11:30pm, 7 days a week.
- Please note that those that are applying for this position must also have availability to continue past September.
A legacy of the 2015 Toronto Pan Am and Parapan Am Games, Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre is operated by a corporation co-owned by the City of Toronto and the University of Toronto. The world-class facility was the largest sport new-build for the Games and the largest infrastructure investment in Canadian amateur sport history. Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre delivers extensive programming that serves recreational and community groups, university students, high performance athletes, as well as fitness centre clientele. The building’s 312,000 square-feet includes two internationally sanctioned 10-lane 50-metre pools, a world-class dive pool and dry-land dive training facilities, a four-court gymnasium, a rock climbing wall, an indoor running track, conditioning rooms, a high performance testing centre, studio spaces, and a state-of-the-art fitness centre for members. The Canadian Sport Institute Ontario (CSIO) is located at Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre and provides world-leading sport science and sport performance services. Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre opened to community users, University of Toronto faculty, staff and students, City of Toronto program users and high performance in September 2014. For more information visit www.torontopanamsportscentre.ca
What we need from you:
- Valid and current certifications of the following: National Lifeguard, Standard First Aid- CPR-C;
- A minimum of 1 year of Lifeguarding experience an asset;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Ability to work well with other staff;
- Ability to assist with other duties, such as: Pool Transitions, Event Set Ups, Public Relations, etc.;
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations;
- Skilled in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques;Ability to perform lifeguarding fitness and rescue skills at or above the National Lifeguard standard;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check (paid by us!) as well as show proof of COVID-19 Vaccinations subject to any exceptions due to bona fide protected grounds under the Human Rights Code.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume by email to the attention of:
Carley Oag – Aquatic Manager (email@example.com) &
Danielle Ness – Aquatic Supervisor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre is located at:
875 Morningside Avenue
Scarborough, ON M1C 0C7
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability. Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. will provide, on request, accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all of our Recruitment Process.
We thank all applicants that apply, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.