Friday, July 1, 2022
The Lifesaving Society is a national volunteer organization and registered charity. We are a full-service provider of programs, products and services designed to prevent drowning. We save lives and prevent water-related injury through our training programs, Water Smart public education, drowning research, aquatic safety management and lifesaving sport. The Lifesaving Society Ontario Branch invites applications for the volunteer Pool Operator Chair.
Purpose: To provide leadership for the Lifesaving Society Ontario on pool operation services related subjects.
Term of Office: Elected to the Management Training Council at the Lifesaving Society’s Annual General Meeting for a term of two years.
Reporting Relationship: To the Lifesaving Management Training Council.
To the Board of Directors as required.
To the Lifesaving Society, Ontario Branch membership annually.
1. Establish objectives and annual action plan on matters related to Management Training – Pool Operations.
2. Manage approved projects related to Pool Operations
3. Chair the Pool Operator committee, including:
• Recruit and develop committee members as required
• Assign responsibilities
• Lead and coordinate committee activities
• Recognize volunteer committee member
4. Attend Management Training Council meetings, and the Annual General Meeting.
5. Report to Management Training Council as scheduled on the status of established objectives and action plan.
6. Prepare an annual report on the committee’s activities and accomplishments
Skills and Experience: Possession of the following knowledge, skills and experience will enable the selected applicant to perform the job functions successfully.
• Proven experience, knowledge of or interest in pool operations.
• Knowledge of the public pool, and spa regulations and wading pool guidelines
• Some experience with health and safety standards and training.
• Experience working in a pool environment, and in particular the management of safe water.
• Experience with volunteer groups or associations would be an asset
• Strong leadership skills and collaborative work ethic.
• Educational background in pool operations or related discipline is an asset, but not a requirement.
• Lifesaving Society Pool Operator certification is recommended, but not a requirement
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com
by July 1, 2022.
About the Lifesaving Society
The Lifesaving Society is a national volunteer organization and registered charity working to prevent drowning and water-related injury. We are composed of tens of thousands of individual members, and over 4,000 affiliated swimming pools, waterfronts, schools and clubs. We save lives and prevent water-related injury through our training programs, Water Smart® public education, drowning prevention research, aquatic safety management and lifesaving sport. The Society has been educating Canadians since the first Lifesaving Society Bronze Medallion was earned in 1896. Each year, more than 1.2 million Canadians participate in the Society’s swimming, lifesaving, lifeguard, first aid and leadership training programs. For more information, please visit www.lifesavingsociety.com or follow us on social media.