Monday, September 26, 2022
The Town of Hanover is recruiting an enthusiastic, qualified, and organized leader to join the Parks, Recreation & Culture Department as permanent, full-time Aquatic Assistant Coordinator.
Reporting to the Aquatic Supervisor, responsibilities for the position will include, but not be limited to:
- Organization, implementation and supervision of a variety of evening and summer aquatic programs such as lessons, volunteer programs, advanced courses and special events.
- Supervision of staff including preparing schedules and assisting with hiring, evaluation and performance management.
- Planning and implementation of staff training sessions and Head Guard meetings.
- Active participation in on-deck lifeguarding.
- Administrative functions such as recommending aquatic policies and procedures, maintaining inventory of supplies and equipment, reporting lesson statistics and developing core lesson plans.
A full position description is available at https://www.hanover.ca/careers
- Related post-secondary education such as recreation, sports administration or leadership.
- Minimum 3 years aquatic supervisory experience in an assistant, deck supervisor or head instructor / guard role combined with instruction / lifeguarding experience.
- Current National Lifeguard, Standard First Aid with CPR-C and AED, and Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor certifications.
- Advanced aquatic certification such as National Lifeguard Instructor, Aquatic Supervisory Training, Lifesaving Instructors, Examiners Status, or willing to obtain.
- Advanced Instructor Training and Aquafit certification would be an asset.
- Exemplary interpersonal, time management, organization and planning skills are necessary.
- Must be willing and able to work weekdays, weekends, and evenings.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting Posting #2022-22 by email or mail by 4:00pm on Monday, September 26, 2022.
Town of Hanover
341 10th Street, Hanover ON N4N 1P5
t 519.364.2780 | f 519.364.6456
The Town of Hanover is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Applicants must self-identify and make their accessibility needs known in advance. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.