Sunday, December 4, 2022
Part-Time and Full-time Swim, Instructor, Lifeguards and Aquatic Adminstrative Staff
Athletics and Wellness Centre
Employment Terms: Part-Time and Full-Time Contract Roles
Start Date: September 2022
We are seeking to fill a few Swim Instructor and/or Lifeguard positions to work in the Athletic and Wellness Centre as follows:
· Part-Time (4 - 15 hours/week)
· Full-Time (20 - 35 hours/week)
Available shifts would be from:
· Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
· Weekends 8:45 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The successful candidate will join the Athletics and Wellness team and report into the Director, Athletics and Wellness Centre and/or the Aquatics Coordinator.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
● The Swim Instructor and/or Lifeguard is responsible for the safety of all students and swimmers using the Athletics and Wellness Centre’s swimming pools;
● Provides instructional swimming lessons to various age groups following established curriculum;
● Plans, organizes and implements lesson plans and evaluations;
● Maintain direct contact with swimmers and communicate with them in an effective manner while following and enforcing all COVID-19 related policies and procedures;
● The Swim Instructor and/or Lifeguard performs the very important task of being a first responder in case of an emergency and providing First Aid as needed throughout the pool area;
● Monitor designated pool areas and responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the pool deck area, change rooms and shower areas including picking up equipment and storing it in its proper place in the equipment room, picking up towels and debris, straightening chairs, etc.;
● The Swim Instructor and/or Lifeguard also reports required maintenance and performs related work, as required;
● Conducts facility inspections, completes opening and closing checklists, daily scheduled chemical tests and advises supervisor of any concerns found;
● Weekday staff will have a variety of administrative tasks to do during their shifts to help support the Weekend staff and Branksome Hall HPE faculty; and
● The ideal candidate will enjoy working with children.
● The range of pay for the position is $18-22 per hour.
● Applicants hold current National Lifeguard, Standard First Aid with CPR-C, AED, and/or Lifesaving Society Swim and Lifesaving Instructor.
● Must possess sound knowledge of the rules and regulation governing safety in an indoor pool facility;
● Knowledge and practice of Lifesaving, Lifeguarding, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid;
● Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of service situations in a busy aquatic facility;
● Candidates must have the ability to make decisions in an emergency situation;
● Previous experience as a Lifeguard and/or experience instructing a Lifesaving Society, Red Cross, or other Swim Program is an asset;
● Pool Operator Certification is an asset.
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of young people, please email email@example.com
with a cover letter and resume.