Monday, December 12, 2022
The Lifesaving Society is a full-service provider of programs, products and services designed to prevent drowning. As Canada’s lifeguarding experts, we set the standard for professional lifeguard training and certify Canada’s National Lifeguards. We are currently seeking an individual to provide support in award processing, customer service and reception. The Lifesaving Society offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
- Location: 400 Consumers Road (Hwy 401 & Victoria Park Ave.)
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Reporting to: Senior Operations Officer
- Salary & benefits: Starting salary of $52,380.00 plus benefits 2023 Proposed rate: $52,380.00 to $58,954.00 Salary range is based on tenure
- To apply: Send resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com
- Process test sheets according to current policies.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of data.
- Maintain member records, electronic and hard copy files.
- File and retrieve documents.
- Issue replacement cards to qualified individuals and process payments
- Issue equivalencies according to current policies
- Transfer member records to other Branches.
- Package and issue awards.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Provide courteous and prompt telephone and visitor reception, and customer service
- Work in a team environment consistent with the Lifesaving Society culture of providing excellent products and services to customers.
- Actively participate in maintaining a safe working environment
Possession of the following knowledge, skills and experience will enable the selected applicant to perform the major job functions successfully. All requirements below are essential unless otherwise indicated as an ‘asset’.
- Completion of secondary school or college/university program.
- Experience responding to client inquiries (phone, email, in-person).
- Accurate data entry experience (minimum 50 wpm) using a Windows based system.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (specifically Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience sorting, filing and retrieving files.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively with team members.
- Knowledge of Lifesaving Society training programs (preferred)
Further information on this position is available from Sheri Stewart, Senior Operations Officer (416) 490-8844 ext: 282 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lifesaving Society is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. If selected for an interview, please inform us of any accommodation you may require during the process. As per the Lifesaving Society Ontario Vaccine policy all staff are required to have two doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine. The successful candidate must provide proof of full vaccination along with a signed Consent to Disclosure of Vaccination Records Form.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
About the Lifesaving Society
The Lifesaving Society is a national volunteer organization and registered charity working to prevent drowning and water-related injury. We are composed of tens of thousands of individual members, and over 4,000 affiliated swimming pools, waterfronts, schools and clubs. We save lives and prevent water-related injury through our training programs, Water Smart® public education, drowning prevention research, aquatic safety management and lifesaving sport. The Society has been educating Canadians since the first Lifesaving Society Bronze Medallion was earned in 1896. Each year, more than 1.2 million Canadians participate in the Society’s swimming, lifesaving, lifeguard, first aid and leadership training programs. For more information, please visit www.lifesavingsociety.com or follow us on social media.