Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits— our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good—helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
This role will be based onsite at the Tim Horton Memorial Camp, Parry Sound, Ontario
June 5, 2023 - August 20, 2023
What would you be doing?
- Maintain constant surveillance of the individuals in the waterfront area
- Act immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of all individuals in the event of an emergency
- Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services, including CPR, first aid and use of emergency equipment as needed
- Demonstrate the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Explain and ensure that THCF policies, rules, and regulations are followed
- Enforce waterfront rules by warning swimmers of improper activities or hazards and ensure compliance with health regulations and legislation and policy and procedures manuals
- Provide preliminary screening of swimmers to establish skill level
- Notify supervisor of any accidents, rescues, or problems that have arisen
- Ensure that equipment is in place, operational, and stored after use
- Complete opening and closing safety checklists; complete environmental safety inspections and follow up as necessary
- Monitor and log individuals’ skills and ability in the waterfront area in accordance with THCF processes
- Participate in special events, emergency procedure training, and other training as required
- Be professional in appearance and attitude at all times
- Establish relationships with youth, aged 11-17, that reflect respect, trust and empathy
- Lead the successful execution of camp activities
- Encourage camper development through their own processing and readiness, and recognize their achievements
- Use respectful, positive behaviour management techniques
- Model healthy choices and emotional maturity
- Identify, assess, and appropriately manage risks and on-site crises in line with THCF’s risk management standards
Does this sound like you?
- Are experienced at working with youth aged 11 – 17
- Certified in National Lifeguard (NL) (required)
- Strong at group facilitation and successfully adapt facilitation style based on individual or group needs
- Skilled in positive behavior management
- Licensed with a valid g class driver’s license, or equivalent (considered an asset)
- Pursuing post-secondary education in recreation, outdoor/adventure education, teaching or related field
- Able to provide an acceptable criminal background check
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series.
In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the applicable Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated as a result of an approved accommodation will be required to adhere to additional safety protocols when attending the workplace. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.
Please apply here: https://grnh.se/5d1d83e12us