The Lifesaving Society presents its annual Water Smart® Award to an Affiliate Member of the Society for outstanding community service to drowning prevention education. The award recognizes Affiliate Members for promoting Water Smart activities/messages. The Water Smart Award is presented at an awards ceremony following the Society's Annual General Meeting.
Eligibility: All Lifesaving Society Ontario Affiliate Members in good standing are eligible.
What to submit: The submission process is easy and you may find you're simply highlighting work you are already doing. But it is important that you track, document and send examples of the work that you've done to demonstrate your accomplishments.
Affiliates who have won the Water Smart Award in the past have included some or all of the following:
- New innovative ideas incorporating key drowning prevention messages
- Messages delivered throughout the year
- Messages delivered to the public outside the aquatic setting
- Use of community partners
- Proclamation by the Mayor for National Drowning Prevention Week
- Media coverage of your drowning prevention events
- A complete report including examples of the program (e.g., pictures, media clippings, new drowning prevention messages, videos)
Don't wait for the submission deadline. Make your submission while the memories of your efforts are fresh. We look forward to receiving your submission.
- Complete the Water Smart Submission Report.
- Attach examples and submit to the Lifesaving Society by: January 11, 2019.
- Forward submissions to the attention of Barbara Byers, Public Education Director
- fax (416-490-8766)
- mail (Lifesaving Society, 400 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario M2J 1P8).