Lifesaving Society Fundraising Challenge (choose a challenge)
The Lifesaving Society Fundraising Challenge is an opportunity to host water-related fundraising events at your local pool or waterfront. Everyone is invited to participate. The goal is to raise awareness and money for drowning prevention education.
When: The Lifesaving Society Fundraising Challenge begins on the opening day of Drowning Prevention Week starts the third weekend in July and runs until Labour Day.
Where: Facilities across the province. (We encourage all participants pay an entry fee or set a personal fundraising goal raising at least $100 through pledges/sponsorship.)
What: Run an event from the list below or create your own "a-thon"!
- Slide-a-thon - 100 participants attempt 100 slides. A Slide-a-thon is a fundraising event in which participants seek sponsorship for sliding for a specified period of time or number of slides they complete.
- Swim-a-thon - 100 participants attempt to swim 100 metres. A Swim-a-thon is a fundraising event in which participants seek sponsorship for swimming for a specified period of time or number of lengths they complete.
- Tread-a-thon - 100 participants tread for 100 minutes. A Tread-a-thon is a fundraising event in which participants seek sponsorship for treading water for a specified period of time.
- Swim-to-Survive-a-thon - 100 participants attempt the Swim to Survive® Standard. The Swim to Survive® challenge is a fundraising event in which participants roll into deep water, tread water for one minute, and swim 50 metres.
Other events to host:
- Host a Lifesaving Society Royal Event (everyone wears royal blue at your facility for the day),
- Host a Lifesaving Society "Bringing Life Vests to Life" fashion show for teens,
- Host a Lifesaving Society Water Smart® Barbecue (sell 100 hot dogs/hamburgers, etc.),
- Host a Lifesaving Society Beach Party Fundraiser - beach volleyball and other beach games
- Host a Plastic Duck Race Fundraiser in your pool!
How: If you would like to organize any of the events mentioned, please complete the attached Registration Form and return it to
or fax to 416-490-8766.