Thursday, January 31, 2019
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in the National Capital Region, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. Serving more than 70,000 people across our region annually, we are committed to nurturing the potential of children, youth and adults, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility within the community. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, and respect, which form the foundation of all Y programs and services.
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Aquatics (East Region), the Supervisor, Aquatics gives support and coaching to Aquatics staff, volunteers and members. This position is tasked with ensuring a high standard of professionalism, program quality, as well as community engagement as it relates to member experiences within Aquatics programs, services and facilities. The Supervisor, Aquatics assists the Senior Coordinator, Aquatics (East Region) to role model best practices through daily interaction with members, staff and volunteers, and presents a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
The Supervisor, Aquatics ensures Aquatic staff adhere to the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of the NCR and enforces the Ontario Pool Regulations and the National Lifeguard Guidelines set forth by the Lifesaving Society of Ontario. This position assists the Aquatics Team to work collaboratively on strategies to improve the members experience and program quality and thereby increase member satisfaction and retention.
The Supervisor, Aquatics assists with the administration, development, implementation, facilitation, delivery and success of aquatic programs and services. Some of the tasks of this position include ensuring staff certifications are up to date, assist in developing program schedules, driving program participation rates, and responding to client feedback for all Aquatics programs offered within the center as directed by the Senior Coordinator, Aquatics (East Region)
- Maintains current Advanced aquatic awards including Instructor Trainer and Examiner Status including Red Cross and Lifesaving Society Instructor, National Lifeguard,
- Minimum of one (1) year of demonstrated administrative and program development experience in aquatics including supervisory experience
- Post-secondary education in Recreation Leadership, Sports Administration, Physical Education, or related discipline preferred
- Knowledge of LEGEND or other database/client management systems is needed
- Knowledge and frequent use of MS Office Suite products is required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, instructional and Leadership skills
- Standard First Aid with CPR – Level C and AED and WHMIS Certification
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset
- Criminal Reference Check for the Vulnerable Sector is required, as per Association policy
How to Apply:
Cover letter and resume must be submitted via e-mail no later than the closing date to the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the position title as the subject line in your application e-mail.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please advise in advance if you require any accommodation during the application or selection process. We believe all people have the right to live free from discrimination or harassment of any kind. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to providing a safe environment for children. Candidates will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
We Build Strong Kids... Strong Families... Strong Communities.