Friday, March 1, 2019
Up to 55 Lifeguards are required to perform various guarding duties at Wild Waterworks. Lifeguards are responsible for safe and efficient operations of all water attractions, providing patrons with required assistance and safety instructions, as well as maintaining the overall cleanliness of the facility. All applicants must be 16 years of age or older and must possess or be in the process of obtaining a valid National Lifeguard certificate, as well as a valid CPR Level C and Standard First Aid certificate. Water Safety instructors certification considered an asset. Those hired will be required to meet functional ability requirements.
- Ability to respond to emergencies and incidents and provide appropriate first aid
- Adapt to communicating understanding signals, phones, radios and whistles with other staff
- Comfortable with heights including climbing stairs and ramps
- Must participate in all training/physical tests assigned and maintain appropriate fitness requirements
- Responsible for the safe operation of all water attractions while providing efficient lifeguarding skills
- Seasonal Position - May to Labour Day 2019
- National Lifeguard certification
- Standard First Aid and CPR/AED level C
- Water Safety Instructors would be an asset
Please submit cover letter and reseume to
Important things to note before applying to Wild Waterworks:
- All staff are required to attend mandatory training sessions throughout the month of May, as well as well as bi-weekly in-season training
- Ability to work flexible schedules including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required by the operating schedule
- As part of the Hamilton Conservation Authority team you may be scheduled and asked to report to a different conservation area to assist with special events, staffing shortages, etc. throughout the length of your employment period
- Positions are seasonal and do not allow for vacation periods during employment
- Positions require outdoor work for extended periods of time through various weather conditions
- Police Checks are required for all positions and must be submitted before working
- Staff must communicate effectively both orally and in writing when speaking to the public and staff
- Candidates should have attention to detail, confidence, and have a big smile!
Visit www.wild-waterworks.com for more information.
If you think you are up for the challenge of the fast-paced and a safe, clean, healthy, FUN environment Wild Waterworks has to offer, see the available opportunities below and apply today