Friday, October 18, 2019
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Aquatics professional. The club is looking for an Assistant Aquatics Coordinator to join our dynamic team. This position will provide support to the Aquatics Coordinator in providing the best in Aquatics sport and leisure opportunities to our members.
- Act as the senior aquatic staff on duty in the absence of the Aquatics Coordinator
- Assists with staff training, directing, scheduling and delegating operation activities, ensuring productivity, and quality of work, safety and efficiency as required.
- Ensures facility compliance with all legislation and guidelines governing the use of public pools
- Takes the lead role in supervising the swim lessons program and with direction of swim instructional staff for both group and private lessons
- In the absence of the Aquatic Coordinator act as the pool operator
- Scheduled Lifeguarding Duties as well as Supervision of Lessons required
- Post-secondary diploma in Recreation or a related field;
- Minimum three (3) years’ related progressive experience, preferably in a municipal, YMCA or Private Club environment;
- Swim and Lifesaving Instructor qualifications, National Lifeguard, Standard First Aid, Bronze Examiner Preferred; SFA Instructor, Aquatic Supervisor Training (AST), National Lifeguard Instructor, Instructor Trainer, NCCP level 1, Pool operator's training.
- Experience in an aquatic environment in a supervisory capacity;
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of aquatic programming including instructional, recreational, and leadership programming;
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of aquatic facilities including maintenance, operation of a Class A pool, legislation, risk management and revenue generation;
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to function independently and in teamwork situations;
- Excellent leadership, administration, interpersonal and communication skills with a proven focus on customer service, complemented by superb organization, team building and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use confidential information appropriately, treat sensitive situations with appropriate degree of tact and discretion
- Flexibility to work weekdays/evenings/weekends required
If you feel that you are the ideal candidate, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
While we appreciate your interest, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
Toronto Cricket Skating & Curling Club is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources and they will ensure the necessary steps are taken to accommodate your needs.