Thursday, August 1, 2019
People, Place, Prosperity
Working within our Strategic Plan, Cambridge Connected, and committing to our values of Integrity, Respect, Inclusiveness and Service, the successful candidate will work together to help the City of Cambridge achieve our vision: A place for people to prosper – alive with opportunity.
The City of Cambridge is looking for qualified Program Instructor - Gymnastics for our Fall programming starting September.
What you will be doing
- Utilize developmentally appropriate child guidance strategies.
- Promote the healthy development of children.
- Follow safety supervision basics and ensure safety of program participants. Practice preventative approach to safety and in the event deal with accidents and incidents as required including completing proper documentation.
- Ensure accurate, timely and complete submission of all forms and records including but not limited to child behavior reports, sign in/out documentations and participant information.
- Report any deficiencies to Recreation Programmer immediately.
- Maintain an environment that is safe, clean and in good repair.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues as well as parents/guardians about a child’s experience. This includes oral and written communication in necessary
- Minimum three months’ experience working with children.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Gymnastics training and experience working with children.
- Strong professional leadership qualities that help motivate and encourage participants.
- High Five - Principles of Healthy Child Development
- Standard First Aid, CPR C, AED
- Gymnastics Foundation Training or National Coaching Certification Program-Level 1
To apply, please visit: www.cambridge.ca/careers
Please apply for this position by August 1, 2019. Be sure to attach your aquatic certifications in your candidate profile. Note: If you are a current City of Cambridge employee, be sure to apply through your personal email.