Friday, October 18, 2019
We have openings for Lifeguards/Instructors who are available to work on a part-time basis during the fall, winter and spring.
Available shifts to be filled:
Instructing - Monday to Wed 4 pm - 6 pm
Lifeguard - Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8 pm - 4 pm
Lifeguard - Friday and Saturdays 4 pm - 8 pm
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a safe, enjoyable experience for all members and fellow staff
- Supervise members and guests using pool and pool area
- Instruct our Learn To Swim Program and Lifesaving Swim Patrol and Bronze Levels
- Ensure the safety of all members and guests while in the pool facility
- Maintain the pool area to ensure the facility is safe and clean
- Enforce Pool Rules and Regulations and adhere to Public Health Regulation 565
- Represent the Club professionally at all times
- Participate in meetings, staff training, and Club events
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Acceptable combination of education, training and experience with strong customer service skills
- Mandatory: current National Lifeguard Award; Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification and/or Lifesaving Instructors and Swim Instructors Award; Current Standard First Aid Certification with CPR (Level C) and AED certification
- Additional Assets: High 5 training, Swim Canada Coaching certifications, Advanced Aquatic Leadership and Examiner Awards as applicable, would be highly encouraged.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to motivate swimmers of various levels
- Responsible and organized with the ability to multi-task
- High levels of initiative and enthusiasm with the confidence to work under minimal supervision in a team setting
If you feel that you are the ideal candidate, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence via email to Sydney Smith, Aquatics Coordinator at email@example.com. While we appreciate your interest, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.