Thursday, April 30, 2020
Branksome Hall Day Camps strives to deliver high quality programs that provide an opportunity for fun, friendships and learning to over 2500 campers. Our Swim Instructors and Lifeguards are responsible for the supervision of children in the pool, and assisting or leading camp aquatic program activities.
Contracts will run for 10 weeks of camp, June 15th to August 21st, 2020. Camps will run weekdays from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and Lifeguards/Swim Instructors will be expected to make themselves available beyond their standard hours should an emergency or other unexpected and time sensitive situation present itself.
Location: 6 Elm Ave., Toronto, ON. (Mount Pleasant and Bloor)
Hours: 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. Contracts will be for 10 weeks, June 15th to August 21st.
Wage: $17 - $18 per hour, depending on qualifications
- Responsible for the safety of all swimmers using the Athletics and Wellness Centre's swimming pools;
- Provides instructional swimming lessons to various age groups following established curriculum;
- Maintain direct contact with swimmers and communicate with them in an effective manner;
- Being a first responder in case of an emergency and providing first aid as needed throughout the pool area;
- Monitor designated pool areas and responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the pool deck area, changerooms and shower areas including picking up equipment and storing it in its proper place, restocking towels, straighterning chairs, etc.;
- Conducts facility inspections, completes opening and closing checklists, daily scheduled chemical tests and advises supervisor of concerns found; and
- The ideal candidate will enjoy working with children.
- Applicants must hold a Current National Lifeguard or Red Cross Lifeguard certification
- Applicants must hold a Current Standard First Aid with CPR-C certification
- Applicants must hold a valid Swim Instructor certification
- Successful candidates will have previous experience as a Lifeguard and Swim Instructor
- Must possess sound knowledge of the rules and regulations governing safety in an indoor pool facility;
- Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of service situations in a busy aquatic facility;
- Candidates must have the ability to make decisions in an emerency situation;
- Pool Operators an asset;
- High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development and asset
Interested applications should apply at: https://branksomecamps.campbrainstaff.com/
Applicants with questions or concerns should reach out to Tara Colby at email@example.com