Friday, January 24, 2020
The Dovercourt Boys & Girls Club is a not-for-profit organization that provides after school, summer and March break programs for over 1000 children and youth at two locations in Toronto’s west end. The Club’s mission is to provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
Position: Aquatics Supervisor
Location: 180 Westmoreland Ave. Toronto, ON
Reports to: Operations Manager
Hours: Part-Time, Monday – Friday (approximately 3:00pm-8:00pm), Weekend mornings (as required)
Nature and scope: Supervise and plan all aspects of Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club’s aquatics programming.
· Plan and develop all pool related activities; including: aquatic program schedules and participant registration processes.
· Supervise all aquatic staff to ensure high quality aquatic programming and cover guarding/instructor shifts when required.
· Ensure all health and safety standards are maintained, including daily pool logs, health inspections, and participant/staff ratios.
· Facilitate orientation and training for part-time pool staff; including: in-service trainings, facility overviews, coaching/mentoring aquatic staff.
· Oversee the maintenance of all pool related equipment and facilities, including: daily monitoring of chemical levels, completing bi-weekly backwashes, routine vacuuming, conducting inventory of resources, and ensuring overall health and safety standards.
· Develop and implement a strategy to promote pool programs within the community. Arrange for the marketing and registration of all aquatic programs.
· Analyze and evaluate pool activities; including enrollment trends, member attendance, revenue generation, participant retention, and consumer satisfaction.
· Assist in preparation of the pool budget, purchasing of resources/equipment, accounts receivable collection and profit and loss account.
· Continually monitor sector trends and community needs to develop new program which meet membership requests and needs.
· Maintain administrative records and membership information including: session report cards/participant worksheets, test sheets, and staff qualifications.
· At least 5 years’ experience guarding and instructing all levels of swimming lessons
· At least 3 years’ aquatic supervisory experience
· Proven experience aquatic program planning and development, including budgeting and evaluation
· Current Certifications: First Aid and CPR, Instructor, National Lifeguard (NL), Examiner (NL/Bronze Cross) and Aquafit Instructor (Preferred)
· Joint Health and Safety Certification, SFA Instructor, NL Instructor, Instructor Trainer are all considered an asset
· Current Clear Vulnerable Sector Reference Check required
Interested applicants, should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP as we are looking to fill the position immediately.