Friday, June 5, 2020
As the 4 year cycle for the Sport Commission membership comes to a close, the Sport Commission is looking to fill vacant chair/representative positions. The chairs will develop and lead operational subcommittees to complete tasks as established by the Sport Commission in order to meet the objectives and priorities set by the Lifesaving Society Board of Directors.
Sport Commission – Marketing & Technology
To promote Lifesaving Sport on all social media platforms and other promotional venues in away that is consistent with the Lifesaving Society’s brand and social media strategy.
The Marketing & Technology representative reports to the Sport Commissioner and is expectedto follow all conditions as set out in the Sport Commission Terms of Reference.
Although reporting to the Commissioner, the Marketing & Technology representative may workwith the following in order to achieve its objectives:
- Sport Commission members
- National Team Manager
- National Team Head Coach
- Chief Executive Officer and/or National staff
- Management Team and Branches
- Any other group or individual as approved by the Commission
Terms & Conditions
- Sport communications is part of the larger National Marketing & Technology Committee and is administrative/operational in nature, as such, it is an ex-officio (non-elected/nonvoting) position.
- The Marketing & Technology representative can be a Branch staff member or volunteer.
- The term of the representative is determined by the National Marketing & Technology Committee.
- Attend Sport Commission meetings, to include the annual in-person meeting, as per the current Sport Terms of Reference. Report to the Sport Commission on success and direction of the Marketing & Technology portfolio.
- Coordinate work of volunteers and staff in completing action plan items.
- Create content, including text posts, video and images for use on social media.Interact with online followers.
- Schedule social media posts using applications such as Hootsuite and TweetDeck.
- Develop new social media strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Manage a budget to be spent on promoting social media posts and pay-per-click(PPC) advertising.
- Keep track of data and analyzing the performance of social media campaigns.
- Develop communication strategies for national and international events. Appoint communication representatives on event sites.
- Coordinate translation activities.
- Undertake other roles and activities aligned with the strategic plan and assigned by the Lifesaving Society Canada Board of Directors which are consistent with the purpose of the Marketing & Technology portfolio.
Skill Set and Knowledge Areas
- National and/or International experience as an athlete, coach, official or manager is an asset.
- Available to attend Sport Commission meetings and operational subcommittee meetings.
- Education or practical experience in communications and marketing.
- Sound working knowledge of various social media platforms.
- Ability to speak in English and French is an asset.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of interest along with a full resume to: