Wednesday, November 10, 2021
Lifeguards & Swim Instructors staff a wide variety of swimming programs. The Lifeguard/Swim Instructor is responsible for ensuring service excellence in all Aquatic Program spaces and assists in the safe operation of these programs and spaces.
The Lifeguard/Swim Instructor directs leadership to programs and services that include maintaining a safe aquatic environment at all times, educating the public regarding safe swimming habits and providing progressive swimming instruction.
Lifeguards/Swim Instructors receive a complimentary gym membership as a current staff for Columbus Centre – (Satisfactory Probation Period Evaluation)
Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility and acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency
- Provides emergency care and first aid treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services
- Ensures that members and other staff adhere to pool conduct guidelines and maintains order in his/her designated area as a proactive approach to ensuring safety and accident prevention.
- Provides instructional swimming lessons to various age groups following established curriculum.
- Plans, organizes, and implements core lesson plans/daily lesson plans, progress reports and evaluations.
- Maintains accurate, up to date progress sheets and records for participants; keeps Daily Log up to date and accurate.
- Sets up and takes down recreational, program and other equipment as required – at the same time checking that equipment is safe and in good repair (reporting immediately all malfunctions and removing the damaged equipment immediately from circulation).
- Completes a safety check of lifesaving equipment prior to each shift. Assist staff team in pool/equipment maintenance duties
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Hours - Variable hours
Early morning opening and daytime shifts, Monday through Sunday (including, days,
evenings and weekends), therefore, job incumbent must be flexible.
- Lifeguarding Certification – National Lifeguard (NL)
- Standard First Aid (SFA) Certification With CPR C and AED
- Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor Certification
- Lifesaving Society Instructor ie Teaching Star Patrol and Bronze Medal Program
- One to three years of previous experience in lifeguarding and swim instruction
- Experience working with children, adults and parent/tot programs
- Aquafit Certification, an asset
- Advanced Instructor and Examiner Clinic, an asset
- Other Advanced Leadership Certification i.e. NLS Instructor, Instructor Training, an assetMust be mature, reliable, responsible and a team playerWell developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members and staff
- Excellent written communication skills
- Reference Check (vulnerable sector)
- knowledge of Italian language and/or Italian Canadian community, an asset
Graham Ungar Gungar@villacharities.com