Monday, October 25, 2021
Lifeguard Positions Available at locations in Hamilton, Waterdown, Burlington and Brantford
*Please indicate to which location you are applying in your application*
Salary Range: $14.25/hour (Please note there will be a $1/hour premium for all hours worked Monday to Friday between 5:00AM and 3:00PM and there will be a $1/hour premium for hours worked instructing swim lessons Monday to Friday between 4:00PM and 8:00PM)
Position Status: Part Time
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in Canada, the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. By nurturing the potential of children, youth and adults, the YMCA connects people to life-building opportunities, to each other and enhances their quality of life. We foster social responsibility and healthy living. The YMCA works collectively with community partners that share the YMCA’s determination in strengthening the foundations of community for all people.
This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values of: Belonging, Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility, as well as, a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults. All offers of employment will be subject to the provision that the successful incumbent provides the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford with a current and satisfactory Police Records Check. Positions responsible for the direct supervision of children and/or vulnerable persons will be required, in addition to a Police Records Check, to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening Report at the time of hire.
Nature & Scope
The YMCA is seeking a part-time Lifeguard/Swim Instructor to work a variety of shifts. Hours of work will be based on the needs of the branch. Aquatic team members are responsible for the delivery of customer service excellence through member satisfaction and safety during recreational swims as well as instruction of both individual and group swimming lessons.
- Primary responsibility is coverage of Lifeguard shifts;
- Experience in the usage of pool chemicals and cleaning supplies for water and deck equipment maintenance;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to members and participants by ensuring that health and safety regulations and YMCA policies and procedures are upheld;
- Teach, guard and coach a variety of aquatic programs;
- Maintain all relevant and required records;
- Develop lesson plans and administer progressive evaluations;
- Work with staff and volunteers assigned to aquatic area;
- Maintain and upgrade as required current qualifications and certifications;
- Attend scheduled training events.
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- National Lifeguard Certification
- Lifesaving Society, Red Cross and/or YMCA Swim Instructor Certification
- WHMIS & AED is an asset
- Current police records check/vulnerable sector screening
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate contacting our Human Resources Department.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is an equal opportunity employer.