Friday, August 12, 2022
- The Recreation and Aquatics Supervisor is accountable for the development, delivery, marketing, organization, and evaluation of all aquatics programming, recreation programming, and summer programming for children and, the day-to-day supervision and administration of these programs.
- The incumbent reports to the Recreation and Culture Manager.
Direction of Others
Reporting to the Program Director:
- Full-Time/Part-Time Lifeguards
- Seasonal Lifeguards
- Casual and Student Lifeguards
- Summer Program Staff
- Recreation Program Staff
- Community Services Secretary / Receptionist (Task Direction)
As a supervisor the Recreation and Aquatics Supervisor monitors employee’s performance, schedules, disciplines, coaches, and advises staff in accordance with municipal policies. As directed by the Recreation and Culture Manager, works within departmental budget, and Town of Fort Frances policy to hire staff as required.
Revenue, Asset and Expenditure Scope
- The incumbent oversees an annual operating budget of approximately $150,000 and is responsible for approximately $100,000 in assets.
- Organizes, markets, supervises and administers the day-to-day aquatics programming at the Memorial Sports Centre.
- Coordinates, markets, supervises and administers recreation programming, including summer programming, and supervises recreation programming and summer program staff.
- To develop, plan, administer, market, and implement aquatic programs at the Memorial Sports Centre.
- Responsible for ensuring the development of pool staff to ensure that a sufficient complement is available to support demand for programming. Works within Town of Fort Frances policy to undertake selection, hiring, and training of aquatics and summer staff.
- Keep up-to-date regarding changes and trends in Aquatics, and the local market to be able to provide appropriate programming.
- Procure supplies and equipment/parts for aquatic and summer programs.
- Ensure all required staff certifications are up-to-date. Coordinate training in-house, and externally as required to ensure compliance.
- Responsible to organize, market, and supervise Summer Programming.
- Responsible to organize, market, and supervise Recreation Programming.
- Develop, market, organize, and evaluate the following programming:
- Preventative Health Care Programs and Services related to aquatics
- Summer Programming for children.
- Recreation Programming
- Assists in the preparation of program budgets and responsible for approving expenditures within established spending limits and policies.
- Informs Facilities Superintendent of maintenance and safety issues, as well as deficiencies related to areas of facility repair, maintenance and cleaning schedules.
- Incumbent will keep informed of current funding programs related to their area, from senior levels of government and other providers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Two-year post-secondary diploma in business administration, recreation, or leisure.
- 1 year of related experience. Previous supervisory experience an asset.
- Preference will be given to individuals with superior communication and leadership skills.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with word processing, and spreadsheet applications.
- Experience developing grant applications an asset.
- Experience collaborating with not-for-profit organizations and volunteer groups an asset.
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification.
- Lifeguard Award, Lifeguard Instructor and Examiner Certification is an asset.
- Water Safety Instructor and Instructor Training is an asset
To learn more about this opportunity and how to apply visit our website at: https://fortfrances.ca/town/human-resources/employment-opportunities.
Complete and submit an application package to the attention of Human Resources Manager with the subject line: Recreation and Aquatics Supervisor