Monday, September 19, 2022
Why work for our Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
- Teach and examine Lifeguard courses
- Plan, organize and deliver courses using lesson plans
- Ensure certifications are current
- Attend staff meetings and training as required
- Set up and take down equipment needed for course
Instructor and Examiner status in at least one of the following streams - Bronze, First Aid or National Lifeguard
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Organizational skills
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse
- Flexibility regarding assigned hours of work
Please send résumé and cover letter to Lifeguard.email@example.com
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Please email Heidi.firstname.lastname@example.org